When you are planning a vacation, packing and preparing can become a daunting task. A majority of the time you end up thinking about all of the activities you will be doing, planning your itinerary, finding the best place to stay, along with about twenty other things. It is easy to forget items or get distracted and set down that one necessity you can’t live without before managing to get it to your bags. We have all been there. Here at Southern Oaks Inn, we want to help take some of that weight off of your shoulders and curated a packing list of essentials so that nothing you need gets left behind when you visit our southern inn.
- Essential Toiletries
- Comfortable, warm weather clothing
- A light sweater
- A pair of long pants and a warmer shirt for cool evenings
- Lotion with aloe in case of sunburn
- Insect repellant
- Sandals AND walking shoes
- A backpack
- Waterproof container for phone and valuables
- Camera for capturing incredible memories
- Electronics chargers
- Water bottle
- Cash and Cards
We have all packed for something, whether we were moving, visiting relatives, business trips, or traveling for the fun of it, however, there are a few pro-tips that you may not know. Nobody likes having several heavy bags that end up costing extra money on flights and are a pain to get from place to place. We have a few pointers to cut back on space and to help you travel lighter!
- Roll your clothing- Most of us fold our clothes or toss items haphazardly into our bags, but when you roll your clothing, you can squeeze them next to each other easier to save space.
- Leave some space in your suitcase- By doing this, you leave room for those souvenirs that you find along your travels without needing to cram them anywhere they fit and risk breakables getting damaged in transit.
Finding The Perfect Stay
When you stay with us at Southern Oaks Inn, you can rest easy knowing that packing your bags and getting here is the hardest part of your trip. Once you arrive at our southern inn, you will be in good hands and find yourself in the perfect accommodations to fit you in your travels. Whether it is just you, friends or family, or your four-legged best friend, we have a room that will allow you to get a good night’s sleep every time along with a delicious breakfast to get you going in the morning. So pack up those bags and come stay with us at Southern Oaks Inn!